From Monday 20th – Wednesday 22nd December 2021, the charity arranged a special residential stay for 33 selected Children from Grimes Dyke Primary School (plus the school dog!). It was a truly magical few days, creating memories that the children will hold forever. The children all received gifts, with thanks to our successful gift appeal, Christmas dinner, Christmas movie night along with a variety of outdoor experiences such as bushcraft, bike riding, orienteering, climbing, night lines, the list goes on!
We send our sincerest of thanks to the teaching staff who volunteered to make this trip possible for the young people and to everyone who supports the work we do at Leeds Children’s Charity at Lineham Farm.
To receive such amazing feedback after the visit from the school is heartwarming and highlights perfectly why we do, what we do!
“When we considered going on a residential in the Christmas holidays, we knew it would be a first for so many reasons…
- The first time we’d done a holiday residential
- The first time we’d taken a mixed age group
- The first time we’d taken children younger than Y5 or Y6 away
- The first time we’d chosen only the most vulnerable or challenging pupils and put them altogether into one group
- The first time we’d taken the school dog away
- The first time we’d take large groups of siblings away
- The first time we’d done a school residential since the pre covid days
Whilst I’m sure there are many more ‘firsts’ I’ve forgotten, but none of them matter as you and your staff made everything possible which meant the children, the adults and the dog had a fabulous time! We’ve been talking about it in the staffroom today and telling the teachers about how wonderful the experience was for us all. Some magical memories were made, which is exactly what we set out to do. The children are not in school today as it’s a training day but I’m sure they will want to talk about it tomorrow when we see them.
So, a huge thank you to everyone at Lineham for one of the best residential experiences we’ve been lucky enough to take part in.
Louise, Helen, Jackie, Eileen and Betsy 🐾